Meetup.com Meetup Invite

RSVP

Sunday, June 24, 2012

This is the recipe I was planning when I made the Avocado Salsa last night! We eat occasionally at a local Denny's which has improved it's menu with a lot of Heart Healthy dishes. They make a Tilapia with Avocado that Richard loves. So I have been thinking of how to recreate and improve on the recipe. Richard said I succeded and then some.
 
Chile Lime Tilapia w/ Avocado Salsa over Rice and Aspargus on the side.

This as so easy to make.

Ingredients:

2 Large Tilapia Filets, Halved down spine.
Olive Oil
1 Whole Lime (Juice and Zest)
Red Pepper Powder
Paprika
Chile Powder
Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Cilantro

Put the halved Filets in a large 9x12 casserole Dish

 Drizzle with the Olive Oil and rub in. (This is to keep the fish Moist and tender.)

 Sprinkle very lightly with the Red Pepper & Chile Powders. Enough to spice but not overpower the fish.

 Sprinkle a bit more liberally with the Garlic and Smoky Paprika.

 I put the dried Cilantro in my hand and Pinching with my fingers I crush/sprinkle over top of each filet.
 
First Zest the Lime over the fish the Squeeze all the Juice liberally over the filets. You can see the juice reacting with the flesh of the fish and starts to "cook" it.
 
Top with the Avocado Salsa and put into a 350 degree Oven for 16-18 minutes.

I served this over rice with Fresh Cooked Aspargus on the side.
I cooked the Asparagus by just putting it in a pan with enough water to steam it and sprinkled with Lime Sea Salt. Cook until fork tender and then remove and put in strainer and run under cold water to stop the cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment