Meetup.com Meetup Invite

RSVP

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Richmond Vegetarian Festival & Avocado Salsa Recipe


My friend Katherine & I went to the Richmond Vegetarian Festival. She wanted to see someone who had a rescue dog that Katherine is wanting to adopt. I have to admit she was a very lovely dog. Part Boxer with the prettiest Brindle markings. Katherine was instantly in love. And I found her really sweet with the cutest squeaky bark. She is going to fill out the application to adopt this lovely dog today. I am crossing my fingers she gets her.
I fell for another dog we saw that was a Beagle-Corgi Mix.
The Veggie Fest was fun, though I was surprised at how many booths were dedicated to Animal Rescue Groups. They had lots of kiddie pools filled with ice and a bit of water. All for the comfort of all the dogs who were there with either their fosters or owners. One cute little Chihuahua mix was so funny. Her owner would pick her up and hold her over the kiddie pool and mid air she started paddling her legs as if she was either swimming or trying to run away. She was quite entertaining.
We did manage to find a few people who were actually selling vegetables and fresh herbs. I got some Squash and a couple small green peppers. And we found the Whole Foods Food Truck who were selling an incredible Indian Curry. I had a sample but Katherine liked it so well she got a container.
After the festival we headed back to Chester and stopped at Kroger for a few ingredients I needed and some chips. The chips for this Salsa below. This is delightful and very fresh flavored. I am going to use it as a topping for Baked Tilapia. But for tonight, it was a dip and we all enjoyed it alot.
This was so easy to make, just a lot of prep and then eat. No cooking. Yeah!
Avocado Salsa
Dice:
1/2 cup green onions
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
 4 Roma Tomatoes
2 Avocados
1 each small red, yellow & green bell peppers


 Over the top of all the diced veggies squeeze the juice of one lime. Add 1 tsp Garlic Powder and stir all well. (I have also made this with Smoked Paprika and Chili Powder to taste.)

 This is great for a dip. But will also be the topping on Baked Tilapia tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment