Meetup.com Meetup Invite

RSVP

Friday, April 14, 2017

Dinner and a Movie Night!

So to get away from all the packing and house hunting and stress, I decided it was a dinner and movie night. I had a gift certificate for the movie so I felt I could afford a dinner. My favorite Chinese Buffet is $9.95 for dinner and so I went there. Of course I had my water with me, since I drink nothing else these days.

China Buffett, on Fowler, never fails to have things that I really love to eat on their buffet and tonight I really wanted some coconut shrimp and they delivered. Along with many more yummy items that I chowed down on.

I had a nice selection of their sushi/sashimi to start with. Note, I had already eaten several items before remembering to grab my camera. LOL It's just that good.

Then I had the Coconut Shrimp with Fried Rice, some bok choy and a spring roll along with a little beef bbq and stuffed mushrooms.

I had to get a picture of my friend's Sweet and Sour Soup as it looked darned delicious too.

After this fabulous feast, we rolled ourselves out the door and off to see Beauty & the Beast! So glad we saw this at one of the Sing A Long showings. Not because we wanted to sing, though yeah, I did. But because we could follow along with the songs and know what was being sung.

If you have not seen the movie yet with Emma Watson (From Harry Potter) as Belle and Dan Stevens as the Beast, then get going and see it. The singing is spectacular and the cinematography is breathtaking! The story is well crafted and you will adore Kevin Kline as Belle's father, Maurice. Emma Thompson as Mrs. Potts is truly inspired. But the show stealer for me was Luke Evans as Gaston! He is so perfectly pompous and deliciously self absorbed. You know you are supposed to hate him, but even as you do, you just have to adore the acting. And if you don't get massive giggles from the portrayal of Lumier by Ewan McGregor and Cogsworth by Sir Ian McKellan well, you need to get your funny bone checked. They are perfect. Another show stopper for me was my favorite character actor, Stanley Tucci as Maestro Cadenza! He was brilliant as always!

Honestly, this is well worth the price of a ticket to see this movie on the big screen! But you can guarantee this will become a part of my permanent collection the day the movie hits Blu Ray!




No comments:

Post a Comment