Meetup.com Meetup Invite

RSVP

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Jerk Hut on Fowler Ave in Tampa! 2 Thumbs UP!

Fantastic dinner tonight at  The Jerk Hut in Tampa on Fowler! My friend and business partner Jessie Reid Nelson called me today and said she wanted to take me to dinner. I was more than ready for a fun night after a long and not so successful day with my moving sale. So I was all in. Now anyone who knows me, knows I don't do hot spicy. Because of this I have passed this restaurant a few times and thought I could never eat there. Boy was I ever WRONG!!! The atmosphere is fun and a bit Island! The staff were all so friendly, especially the manager Joseph who really helped me to order something spectacular.



I tried the Goat Curry and really loved it. If you have never had goat, its really good, very tender, but when cut up, they cut it bones and all. So be prepared to pick bones out when eating. The bones just make the sauce all that much better though. This was just the goat meat and potatoes in a relatively mild curry sauce. I say relatively, because for me it was top of the scale of what I can eat without pain or an allergic reaction. For someone from the islands or other countries that go heavy on the hot peppers, it was childs play.  I had my dinner with the white rice since the other rice had beans in it. But I will admit, I really wished I could have that rice with beans. But since I still had to get home safely I passed on that possible allergic trigger. But they looked so good. I also had the cabbage which is so universal just steamed and has a nice buttery flavor.

Jessie had the rice and beans with her chicken and the cabbage also. And she ordered a side of Plantains for us to share. Oh those were wonderful too.

Her hubby had their amazing BBQ Jerk Chicken with a double serving of the rice & beans. He was the only one who needed a to go box. Half a Chicken was a huge amount. (no picture, he came late and we were already eating when his food came, so I forgot to snap a shot of the plate. But it was a huge serving,)

The food was so good that conversation even stopped as we plowed into our food.

Jessie had their Bread Pudding with a caramel sauce and it looked amazing. I may go sometime and order a serving to go. I love bread pudding, but since it is made with milk and eggs, it does have a 50/50 chance of not loving me back. It was dense and loaded with currants and I so wanted to try it. She inhaled it so fast I did not have time to react and get a picture.

So I highly recommend the Jerk Hut in Tampa, FL on Fowler Ave just East of the I-275 exit.

 I will definitely go again! Good food, good friends, fun atmosphere!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment