Meetup.com Meetup Invite

RSVP

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Potato Leek Soup with a twist!

I was feeling energetic tonight and it is on the cold (for Florida) side tonight. So I decided to make Leek and Potato Soup. But I want to make it healthier so I got creative. I am trying hard to be more conscious of what I am eating. And while Leek and Potato is oh so heavenly and delicious, it is also very high starch and that would raise the blood sugar.

Since I am becoming more aware of my health and trying to lose weight, I wanted to make this healthier. So I have added a head of cauliflower along with the leeks and Yukon Gold Potatoes. I cleaned all the vegetables with the 11.5 water before cooking. And instead of stock I am cooking with the 9.5 water and seasoned with fresh Garlic, Pepper, Parsley, Smoked Paprika and Curry Powder. I love that smoky warm flavor. I also added a tablespoon of a chicken bouillon seasoning. Because this Bouillon is salty I did not add any additional salt.

When this has slow cooked for 4 hours I plan to use my stick blender to cream this and will add a cup of Yogurt (Goat) to the pot and I will add some fresh kale just before serving to allow it to cook just enough to tenderize it. I will add pictures shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment