Meetup.com Meetup Invite

RSVP

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Comfort Foods

After cleaning the fridge I had a Hodge podge of items left that I could throw together for dinner. I had fresh beets, half a beef smoked sausage, a bag of sauerkraut, a granny smith apple and frozen cranberries and frozen peas. So what the heck, I went sort of old school and came up with a dish that would have done my German Grandmother proud!

I washed the Apple and the Beets in 11.5 water to get rid of any pesticides. I also rinsed the Sauerkraut in 9.5 to reduce the sodium. I peeled and chopped up the beet and just sliced up the apple leaving the peel on. (Side note, I used to never eat beets, I was just not a fan. But lately I am more open and so glad I did. This really added a fun flavor to this dish.) I sautéed the apple, sausage and beets in 2 TBSP of Goat Butter.I seasoned with oregano, black pepper and garlic. I added the frozen cranberries and peas, the sauerkraut and once everything was hot I added 1 cup of 9.5 water and the No Yolks noodles, covered and let cook.



I loved how warm and tart this came out. Great flavor. Truly comfort food.




No comments:

Post a Comment