Meetup.com Meetup Invite

RSVP

Friday, February 17, 2012

Okay, I am sorry to say I didn't last on that diet program. Not for a lack of effort. But I am already so limited with food allergies. This just limited me beyond my ability to feel satisfied.

So, even though I am not sticking to the letter of the diet, I am still losing. Mostly due to the fact I am watching the carbs and fats. But occasionally, I take a break and make something a bit fattier because it just tastes so good. And it isn't fair to stick Richard to such a strict diet when he doesn't need to lose like I do.

Today was a looser interpretation of the diet day. True I made fish, a very low fat white fish called Swai. Similar in flavor to Catfish, but very lean. Here is the recipe I created and Richard raved over. In fact his words were, "You need to make this often. And you should publish the recipe too!" So here it is.

Swai Florentine

Half a bag of Fresh Spinach
1 tsp- Trader Joe's 21 Season Salute
Garlic Powder to taste (I used approx 1 tsp)
2 Swai fillets
1 can - Cream of Shrimp Soup (Campbell's)
1/3 cup Mayo (Or yogurt to lessen the fat content)
1/4 cup chopped Green Onion
1 tsp Dill
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tblsp - oregano
1 tblsp - cilantro
1/3 cup prepared roasted peppers (see earlier recipe)
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs

I used herb scissors to cut up the spinach and covered the bottom of the 9x13 baking pan that I had lightly sprayed with cooking spray.

I sprinkled the Trader Joe's and Garlic Powder over the spinach.

I washed and dried the fish and put the two fillets side by side over the top of the spinach.

In a mixing cup I mixed the can of soup with the mayo and remaining spices. I spooned and spread this mix over the top of the fish.  Over this I sprinkled the roasted peppers and topped all of it with the bread crumbs. I lightly sprayed the crumbs with oil to brown them.

I put the pan into a preheated 375 degree oven and baked for 15 minutes then lowered to 350 degrees for another 5 minutes.

I served over white rice.
The next time I make this I will take pictures and or video tape the process.
Video is now published on YouTube.com. You can find it at:
http://youtu.be/AX-pZ8yKLeA
I made a slight variation to the recipe, added Broccoli Florets, I didn't have the Green Onion or the Roasted Pepper in the dish this time. And I home made my bread crumbs as I was out of the Panko. I hope you enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment