Meetup.com Meetup Invite

RSVP

Sunday, April 9, 2017

food thoughts

So I saw this post on facebook and thought about how yummy it would taste, but also how high in cholesterol and carbohydrates it would be. Then I thought, Mashed Cauliflower to substitute for Mashed Potatoes would work. I use it when making my shepherd's pie and it's wonderful. So why not this? Then I thought, why not make actual homemade Pierogi's with the Mashed Cauliflower instead of Mashed Potatoes?

I think I have a new recipe rolling around my head. And I happen to have a gorgeous head of cauliflower in the fridge along with wonton wrappers which work really well for the pasta shell for making pierogi.

I think if I make them I would like to have some minced green onion in them to give them added flavor and for the pretty contrast in both the visual and flavor. I will post pictures and possibly a video of me making them later!

I am also wanting to make the vegetable rose tart that I also found on Facebook. I think these both would be wonderful recipes to make to take for a dinner party. Say for Easter or a dinner for 8 deal.

On this I would have to make my own ricotta which I haven't done since moving to Florida. This would be an ideal time to try since the air is very dry right now. Ricotta sets best when the humidity is low.

So that's my food thoughts for now!

Recipes and pictures to come soon when I do make my versions of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment