Meetup.com Meetup Invite

RSVP

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Stuffed Burgers... Heaven in a Bun!

Okay, so I had to give a title that would catch the eye. :)


What can I say, I honestly love how this simple recipe came out.

So I made a batch of my favorite Avocado Salsa, though I had to improvise as I didn't have the green onions or fresh cilantro. I had 6, slightly smaller avocados, and used them all. I had a large red and yellow bell pepper which I used. To substitute the cilantro I used dried and I just used chives instead of onions. A milder flavor is always my favorite. So this batch came out creamier more like guacamole in texture. This prompted my idea to use it stuffed in a burger.

So here is the recipe for the ultimate stuffed burger.

I took fresh ground beef, 88% lean. I added 2 TBSP of Ketchup, (I use a brand free of high fructose corn syrup.)

I mixed the meat with the ketchup to give it a bit more moisture.

I pressed out a thin burger and topped with some sheep milk feta (Found this at Costco in the Cheese and Lunch Meat section) and a heaping spoon of the Avocado Salsa.

I topped with a second patty (both about 1/4 lb) and pressed the edges together to seal in the cheese and avocado mixture.

Sprinkle the outside with a pinch of sea salt and tuscan herbs.

I cooked this on medium heat in a fry pan, no oil. The avocado will exude it's own oil and I have a ceramic coated fry pan. Cover to hold the heat in and keep the burger moist. I turn the burger at least 3 times to get well browned and cooked through.

The feta will melt inside and add to the gooey goodness.

Remove from the heat. I prepped the bread or bun by toasting lightly. I put a couple slices of manchego cheese on along with some fresh mixed greens and topped with the burger. This is such a juicy burger you will definitely need a napkin handy. Enjoy!

(Here are the promised pictures.)

No comments:

Post a Comment